This is a difficult question, as I am still yet to know what class and age I am teaching, and the digital technologies that will be in the classroom. So I am going to make a list of the technologies that I would like to use when I am on Professional Experience.
- Classroom iPads – to utilise educational apps like Britannica Kids (an app that allows children to explore scientific and geographic subjects), Quick Maths (designed to help kids improve their general maths skills) and Reading Eggs Spelling Games
- Interactive Whiteboard
- Digital Projector
- Computer lab
- My laptop (although I am unable to use this to connect to the school network).
A great site that has some fantastic apps for students to use is The Good Schools Guide. This site has some great information about the different apps you
It’ll be great to read through the following literature about Interactive Whiteboards and digital technologies:
- Maher, D., Phelps, R., Urane, N., & Lee, M. (2012). Primary school teachers’ use of digital resources with interactive whiteboards: The Australian context. Australasian Journal of Educational Technology, 28(1), 138-158.
Beauchamp, G. (2004). Teacher use of the interactive whiteboard in primary schools: towards an effective transition framework. Technology, Pedagogy and Education, 13(3), 327-348. doi:10.1080/14759390400200186
- Sad, S. N., & Ozhan, U. (2012). Honeymoon with IWBs: A qualitative insight in primary students’ views on instruction with interactive whiteboard. Computers & Education, 59(4), 1184-1191. doi:10.1016/j.compedu.2012.05.010
- Bannister, D. (2010). Making the most of your interactive whiteboard, European Schoolnet.